April 28th, 2009
WATSONTOWN LIONS CLUB
A meeting was held on September 25, 1947 to organize the Watsontown Lions Club. Their charter was granted on November 4, 1947.
The Youth Center Building along the White Deeer Pike is rapidly nearing completion. The building is being sponsored by the Watsontown Lions Club who has donated $3,800 to the project. Joseph Habig is president of the Lions. The Youth Center is a colaboration of many individuals volunteerinng their time and talents to the work effort along side the numerous donations made by local industry including light fixtures from American Home Foods and Philco Corporation, Jasper Wood Products gave the ceiling for the building, Milton Wood Products gave the cabients for the kitchen, Glen Gery Shale Brick Corp donated 1,300 bricks for the frie place the bricks were hauled by Watsontown Trucking Co. the Pressed Steel Division of ACF gave one 60 quart and three 30 quart stainless steel cooking utnesils. The Watsontown Jaycees gave $1000, along with donations from the Watsontown National Bank and the Farmers National Bank.
[The Milton Standard, December 2, 1959, pg 5]
Last Modified: 04.28.09